What works for your child is what makes the choice right.
|Hands & Voices is a parent driven organization that supports families with children
who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing without a bias around
communication modes or methodology.
|The Georgia Hands & Voices Guide By Your Side (GBYS) Program
provides unbiased, emotional support and resources to families of
children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
by trained Parent Guides.
To request a Parent Guide, please click here,GBYS Request for Services.
For more information on this program and to learn more about our
please see our dedicated page, GA H&V GBYS or
contact Terri Patterson, GA H&V GBYS Program Director at email@example.com.
Please Note: From time to time Georgia Hands & Voices receives information about events and other items of interest from other
sponsoring organizations that we pass on through our website that we feel might be of interest to our constituency. These events
and information may not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of Hands & Voices, and relies on our membership to deem what is of
value to their own interests.
We are currently recruiting two part-time Parent Guides
for the Georgia Hands & Voices Guide By Your Side Program!!!
• Parent's of a child who is deaf or hard of hearing, especially one who lives in the southern half of Georgia.
The Guide By Your Side Program is a parent matching program, linking parents of newly
identified hard of hearing, deaf, deafblind and deaf plus children throughout the state with
trained and experienced “Parent Guides.” The goals of this program are to:
• provide parents of newly identified children with hearing loss with opportunities to meet with a Parent Guide
• provide parents with the opportunity to establish a supportive relationship with another parent of a child
who is deaf or hard of hearing;
• provide parents with unbiased information regarding communication options for their child;
• provide parents with an understanding of the unique needs of infants who are deaf/hard of hearing;
• link parents to resources available locally, regionally and statewide;
• effectively link families to early intervention services.
Click here to download a Parent Guide application.
Click here for a Parent Guide Job Description.
For more information contact Terri Patterson, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org