“The willingness to share does not make one
charitable; it makes one free.”
- Robert Brault
"What works for your child is what makes the choice right."
Georgia Hands & Voices was a proud sponsor of:
Atlanta Area School for the Deaf (AASD) Parent Involvement Program’s (PIP) 1st Annual 5K Success Walk on
Saturday, April 14th, 2012. Atlanta Area School for the Deaf in collaboration with the Clarkston Community Initiative walked to raise
money for their Parent Involvement Program to help in the continuation of their Community Sign Language Classes, Home Based Tutoring
Program and Accessible Materials Project. These are wonderful benefits; however; their greater aim is to engage all families with deaf/hard
of hearing children throughout the state of Georgia. They are committed to community outreach so that the “voices” of all students are not
silent but heard and engaged equitably in various community activities, resources and businesses.
|Thank You to the Dillehay Management
Group and Family!!
A GIANT thank you to the Dillehay
Management Group, Inc.,
http://www.dillehaymgt.com/, who provide
association and event management services!
Their donation has made it possible for us to
provide educational advocacy workshops
around the state, watch for one near you.
Georgia Hands & Voices represents Georgia families of children who are D/HH on issues of importance and relevance as
- Georgia State Universal Newborn Hearing Screening and Intervention (UNHSI) Stakeholder’s group
- Georgia Commission on Hearing Impaired and Deaf Persons
- Georgia Pathway to Language and Literacy
- Let Georgia Hear
- Atlanta Area School for the Deaf (AASD) Parent Involvement Program
- Atlanta Speech School Parent Teacher Club;
- Georgia PINES (Parent Infant Network for Educational Services)
- “Loop Georgia!”
- American Association for Home Based Early Interventionists(AAHBEI)
- CDC Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Parent to Parent Subcommittee.
- The NICHQ Learning Collaborative
- The Georgia Interagency Coordinating Council (LICC)
We continue to collaborate with:
and Intervention agency (GA UNHSI)
- Georgia Peach Cochlear Implant Association
- GA Bell
- Atlanta Area School for the Deaf (AASD)
- Georgia School for the Deaf (GSD)
- Atlanta Speech School
- Auditory-Verbal Center (AVC)
- Babies Can’t Wait (BCW)
- Georgia Registry of Interpreters of the Deaf (GaRID)
- G.R.E.A.T D.A.Y.
- PEPNet South
- CDC Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) program
- Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE)
- Georgia Universal Newborn Hearing Screening
- Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Parent to Parent of Georgia
|Thank you to the following sponsors of
our 5th Annual Back to School BASH.
We would like to thank David Ernst, the
owner/President of Ernst Concrete, family-owned
and operated since 1946 in Georgia, and his
family, for their generous donation.Thank you!
hearing in order to improve access to their children’s communication. Hearing aids can cost as much as $6,000 per pair
and must be replaced every 3-5 years. This is the equivalent of roughly $42,000 per child who requires hearing aids states
have passed legislation requiring insurance companies to cover hearing aids for children. We want Georgia to be the next
state to take this important step! What you can do: